Luminary Profile: Elena Brower
Elena Brower is a woman who shines in more areas than we can count! As a yoga teacher (the founder of Virayoga), writer, mother, creator of the essential oil fragrance GIVE, meditation film producer and more, she has been inspiring individuals across the entire globe with her heartfelt and practical teachings. We are deeply honored to share her words with you.
If you could share a piece of wisdom or comfort with a younger version of yourself, what would it be?
Spend more time alone. Spend more time cooking. Practice being kind to your family, unwaveringly kind. Learn how to tell the truth in an elegant, respectful way.
What is the simplest change you’ve made in your life that has had the biggest positive impact?
Quitting smoking cigarettes.
Apologizing to my family for being shitty to them for
What foods & practices are essential to your wellbeing?
- At least one meal a day involves a heap of steamed greens.
- Green juice with lemon, apple and ginger, every day whenever possible.
- Bathe as much as possible, in the tub, with oil.
- Yoga at least 15 minutes every day.
- Meditation 11 minutes every day. No matter where.
- Workout with Shawna Cordell at her gym at least twice a month.
- Drink Kangen filtered water as much as possible.
MUST SLEEP AT LEAST 6 HOURS. Preferably 7 but my promise is at least 6. I get facials monthly, acupuncture weekly, colonics, shiatsu and network realignment as much as necessary.
What are you passionate about sharing with the world?
My work is to bring meaning and relevance to the yoga practice. I comb through all sorts of ancient texts and recent teachings for ways to make the postures and transitions relevant to our life experience today. People leave my class inspired to be better in their homes, listen well to their kids and parents, and to remain centered no matter what the context, especially when they’re NOT in yoga.