8 Ways to Nourish Your Soul
We can all survive with very little self-care, but when we’re running on empty, we can’t thrive. Our deeper unmet needs will eventually lead to a lack of vitality.
If your soul is feeling a bit undernourished, I invite you to take some time for yourself this weekend… time to slow down, relax and do something that makes you feel more alive and at peace.
- Seek out beauty. Whether you find beauty in nature or in a gallery, take some time to actively seek out beauty and inspiration. Practice being fully present and taking in the good.
- Find a new book that feeds your soul. Spend some time browsing in a bookstore and seeing what calls to you. Find a beautiful, peaceful place to relax and read.
- Turn off your computer and television for an entire day. We often don’t realize how much the media influences our consciousness until we have some breathing room.
- Do something out of the ordinary. Visit a new part of town that you’ve never seen before. Try out a new yoga or dance class. New influences and experiences spark our creativity and feed our soul.
- Say NO to something that is draining your energy and distracting you from what is really important.
- Beautify your home. Do some early spring cleaning & make your living environment as comforting and calming as possible. A clean, beautiful environment supports a clear, calm mind.
- Write in a journal. Spend some time in dialogue with your soul. Making time to listen to our inner wisdom often leads to new insights and a broader perspective.
- Take a hot bath with essential oils. Light some candles. Listen to your favorite music. Take time to do nothing but relax. You deserve it.
What are you doing to nourish your soul this weekend? Leave a comment below and let us know!